Our commitment to protect your privacy
DangerTV is committed to provide the best possible service to its customers. We understand how important it is to protect your personal information. This document sets out our
We are constantly reviewing all of our policies and attempt to keep up to date with market
expectations. Technology is constantly changing, as is the law and market place practice. As a
When we refer to personal information we mean information that we directly collect from you, from
which your identity is apparent. This information may include information or an opinion about you, from which your identity can reasonably be ascertained.
Why do we collect your Information?
We collect and receive information from our customers, affiliates and partners or from other
organizations in order to contact you regarding our service status and to provide you with up to date information on our services and the current state of your account(s) with us. From time to time we may send announcements, offering or information about our products and services.
How do we collect your Personal Information?
We collect your personal information during your sign up process to our service or to our affiliate/partnership program through our application forms. You may review and update your personal information at anytime by accessing our web site using your username and password.
We collect information you provide to us through the website or Roku including, but not limited to:
- Login and password associated with your DangerTV service account.
- Contact information (e.g., your name, your address, email address, and phone number);
- Information about orders you place or downloads you make through Roku; and
- Settings within the Roku, such as favorites, content you like, communication preferences or parental controls.
- Information related to the use and operation of the Website/Roku;
- Device information (e.g., device identifier, advertising identifier, MAC address, carrier, operating system, ISP, IP address);
- Usage data associated with how you interact with website/Roku, such as programming and viewership data and features used;
- Configuration data for any WiFi-enabled device you may use to access Roku;
- Location information, including precise geolocation information, such as your service address and the location of a device in which you have installed the App.
To whom will you disclose Personal Information?
Where possible, we will inform you, at or before the time of collecting your personal information, the types of organizations that we intend to disclose your personal information to. Sometimes we are required or authorized by law to disclose your personal information. Circumstances
in which we may disclose your personal information would be to a Court or Tribunal in response to a request or in response to a subpoena. When required, we may disclose your personal information to other organizations for the purpose of fulfilling a your service request.
We may use information we collect in number of purposes including, but not limited to:
- Provide the features and functions available in Roku;
- Validate your subscription status with us;
- Manage DangerTV everyday business needs, such as administration and improvement of affiliated applications;
- Analyze the website/Roku's performance and functioning;
- Fulfill requests or changes you make within the website/Roki;
- Facilitate your user experience and transactions including processing and fulfilling purchases/downloads, communicating about those orders and their status, and personalizing the customer experience where possible;
- Administer or support your account;
- Communicate with you, including to send you requested information;
- Display content based on your location, including precise geolocation, interests, or past usage;
- Send you marketing and service messages based on your preferences or to offer information and promotional material about the products and services you see on the website/Roku;
- Provide you with advertisements based on your interests and viewership;
- Measure the popularity and viewership as it relates to programming;
- Improve our marketing efforts;
- Study how subscribers use the website/Roku, including conducting research and analysis;
- Respond to your questions and concerns;
- Resolve disputes and enforce our agreements with you;
- Prevent fraud, unauthorized access or misuse of our services; and
- Ensure our own compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
From time to time we may use your personal information to provide you with current information about our services, special offers you may find of interest, changes to our organization, or new products or services being offered by us or any company we are associated with. If you do not wish to receive marketing information, you may at any time decline to receive such
information by emailing [email protected] We will not charge you for giving effect to
your request and will take all reasonable steps to meet your request at the earliest possible opportunity.
Updating your Personal Information
It is important to our relationship that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date. During the course of our relationship with you we will ask you to inform us if any of your personal information has changed. If you wish to make any changes to your personal information, you may access our website, enter your username and password or contact us. We will generally rely on you to assist us in informing us if the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
Access to your Personal Information
We will provide you with access to your personal information we hold about you. You may request any additional personal information we hold about you at any time. To access personal information that we hold about you use the contact details specified above or alter your details through the website, using your username and password.
Denied access to Personal Information
There may be situations where we are not required to provide you with access to your personal
information. For example, such a situation would be information relating to an existing or anticipated legal proceeding with you, or if your request is vexatious. An explanation will be provided to you, if we deny you access to your personal information we hold.
Business without Identifying You
In most circumstances it will be necessary for us to identify you in order to successfully do business with you, however, where, it is lawful and practicable to do so, we will offer you the opportunity of doing business with us, without providing us with personal information. Such a situation would be where you make general inquiries about our services or current promotional offers. Where sensitive information is collected, stored, used or transferred about you, we will only use this information if you have consented or in the exercise or defense of a legal claim or as required by law. Sensitive information is information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political persuasion, memberships in trade or professional association or trade unions, sexual preferences, criminal record, or health.
How safe and secure is the Personal Information we hold about you?
Unfortunately, no data sent over the Internet or any network is guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge there are security and privacy limits of the Internet which are beyond our control; the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through the website/Roku cannot be guaranteed; and any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with by a third party while in transit. We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information by storing it in a secure environment. We may continue storing your personal information even after you have terminated your relationship with us.
DangerTV does not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13
through the website/Roku, and children under the age of 13 should always get permission from a parent or legal guardian before accessing the website/Roku and/or providing any information about themselves. Children under the age of 13 should use the website/Roku under direct adult supervision.
Advertisements (“ads”) may be displayed on the website/Roku. These ads may be seen by everyone using the website/Roku, may be based on the context of their placement or tailored based on your device information, the content you are viewing, and/or your viewing preferences. If you do not want ads displayed to you based on your personal information, you have the ability to opt-out of this type of targeted advertising
by emailing us at [email protected]
You may request further information about the way we manage your personal information by writing or emailing. Email us at [email protected]
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
How to Opt-Out interest-based ads on CTV Devices?
Opting out of interest-based advertising it totally optional and does not mean you will no longer see advertising on the content or apps. It means that we may not show you ads that have been tailored to your interests. We may block interest-based ads whenever possible but sometimes device settings or browser settings may prevent us to set opt- out configuration.
Below are instructions for using the advertising choice mechanisms provided by the most popular CTV devices:
2. Samsung Smart TV
Go to the menu of your device, find the “Settings” and press OK
Go to Privacy >> Advertising.
Check ON option “Limit ad tracking”
Samsung Smart TV:
Step 1: Go to Menu option on the device.
Step 2: Select Smart Features
Step 3: Under that to Apps Settings
Step 4: Go to SyncPlus
Step 5: Go to Gear icon which is located on top right hand corner and click OK
Step 6: Turn off the Samsung SyncPlus Service.
***California residents, please refer to Samsung's new CCPA guide to request more information on how your data is, or is not used by TV Plus.
Please note: Limiting the ad tracking feature is totally optional and only pauses the advertisers from reading the very little data of your preferences which may be used to serve you with some of the ads that are tailored for your interest. It does not mean that you will no longer see advertising on the content or apps.